Friday, December 14, 2007

New Year's Resolutions...

It's that time of year to begin thinking about the past year and the promises of 2008! I don't think I came too close to hitting most of my goals this year - especially when it comes to the blogging world - so, I think my 2008 goals will be entirely different.

I am trying to simplify my life so I have more time for me. Creatively, I want to look for more inspiration and do more things - more on this later. I would like to write more letters and catch up with old friends and really let those people in my life that mean so much, know it. I would like to fall in love with my husband each and every day - remembering why I said "yes" to a man when I never thought I would get married - and enjoy every moment that he spoils me.

There are of course the regular lines of....I need to lose x number of pounds, exercise more, quit visiting starbucks so often, etc. While I hope I can work on all of those, I think they will come as the important items listed above get accomplished and renew my spirit and mental well-being.

So, while I don't necessarily belive in resolutions - I don't think it's bad to have some idea of where you want your next year to go and look like after 365 days.

Will you be setting any resolutions this year?

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I've always hated New Year's Resolutions. I hate the sense of obligation they bring, and the inherent failure because I am no good at goal making and keeping.

I much prefer your idea of generally having ideas about how you would like to live your life.